Weather forecasting apps have become a necessity as they provide users with accurate weather forecasts to tweak their schedules accordingly.
Moreover, the majority of smartphones now have pre-installed weather forecasting apps like AccuWeather vs The Weather Channel, Weather Bug, and many more. It is because people now like to check the weather regularly but the real question is how accurate is Weather Bug.
Many businesses have understood the increasing demand for weather apps and developed them in the last few years. However, not all of them become successful. It is because they didn’t understand the users and market well.
The craze of weather forecasting apps is not going to end soon. If you want to create a weather app, you should learn from the two of the most popular weather apps available in the app stores: AccuWeather and the Weather Channel.
Here, we would compare AccuWeather vs The Weather channel in detail. It will help you understand the features of both the weather apps and choose the best one amongst them. Based on the comparison, you can integrate the best features in your weather app.
So, let’s get started:
Features of AccuWeather and the Weather Channel
Here are the top features of both the AccuWeather app and the Weather Channel app. Looking through them would help you to choose one which offers you the best solution for your needs.
AccuWeather app and its features
If you have a smartphone, then it is highly likely that you have the AccuWeather app bundled with the software. This is one of the popular weather apps that is used by millions all across the globe. It has a very simple user interface that allows you to navigate to the feature that you want to use without much hassle.
This weather app offers you a comprehensive weather forecasting solution so that you can schedule your outings intelligently and not get stuck somewhere due to bad weather. Some of the top features of this app include the following.
- The live weather forecasts (it includes the MinuteCast feature), allow you to access weather forecasts from minute to minute, including precipitation updates.
- The local weather provides highly accurate forecasts regarding precipitation, temperature, severe weather alerts, and allergy outlooks.
- The WinterCast feature of the app provides advanced warnings about the probability of snowfall and accumulation.
- The daily forecast feature of this app provides information regarding cloud coverage, rainfall probability, snowfall, air quality index, wind, live radar, and UV index.
- The advanced weather radar helps you to keep track of snow, storm, ice, rain, temperature change et cetera.
- The real feel feature of the AccuWeather app helps you to find out how the actual weather feels.
- The RealVue and the enhanced RealVue satellite imagery allow you to look at the weather patterns right from space.
- It gives a five-day precipitation forecast for snow, rain, and ice in your area.
- You get a 24-hour snowfall forecast shown on detailed maps along with snow accumulation and winter weather.
The Weather Channel app and its features
It is a free app that provides you with detailed weather forecasting and you can access varied information related to the weather. These include the wind speed, temperature, and visibility either daily or on an hourly basis. This app can run on both iOS and Android devices.
The Weather Channel app is designed to provide you with a one-stop solution for all the information regarding weather forecasts, air quality alerts, and others so that you can plan your journey accordingly.
Some of the amazing features of the Weather Channel that makes it so popular amongst the user are as follows:
- Access to detailed weather maps for hourly and daily updates for your area.
- The live storm radar feature helps you to get flood alerts well in advance so that you can stay safe.
- The Sweat & Umbrella Index feature of this app provides a detailed forecast of the rain and the temperature report for up to 15 days so that you have enough time to plan your schedule.
- Local weather and temperature alerts help you to protect yourself from UV rays and dry heat with live updates.
- The weather alert and air quality report allow you to find out the level of air pollution in your area as well as get a live weather update.
- The live weather radar offers you news, reports, and features related to weather.
- The comprehensive GPS maps offer you real-time data on tides, the phases of the moon, and many more.
- The running index widget would inform you how comfortable you would feel while running in this weather.
In addition to these features, you can also get the allergy tracking feature along with medical advice for your hay fever, flood, and storm update with the live weather maps, air pollution level, and many more.
Accuweather vs The Weather Channel: Which is best?
It is very hard to tell which one of these two apps is the best as they both offer amazing features. However, there are some features that you will find in only one of these two apps.
- The AccuWeather app offers you 15 days of forecast against the 10 days forecast provided by The Weather Channel app.
- AccuWeather supports 24 languages compared to 6 languages supported by the Weather Channel app.
- AccuWeather app also offers frequent updates and alerts you about the risk of ice.
- The Weather Channel comes with a favorite weather alert and the app size is also smaller than the AccuWeather app.
- The Weather Channel app saves your favorite travel routes and has a lifestyle section.
Both of these apps are very popular and have millions of users as they offer you comprehensive weather forecasting on various parameters. You should try out the free version of both these apps to figure out which one has all those features that you use in your day-to-day life.
You can also check out their premium version to find which one of these offers you the best bang for your buck and install it on your smartphone to get your customized weather updates and alerts and then schedule your activity around it.